About The Blog:

About the blog:
It all started on a typical and monotonous evening while I was tutoring calculus at The Study. I was perusing around on one of the work computers when I saw someone had saved a file to the desktop titled "Mouse Breeding.docx". To say the least, I was elated to find this random and obscure gem. Though nothing was written in the document, I was inspired to compose clever, out of place articles and save them on the desktop so that they might be enjoyed by someone else. Here's what I have come up with so far.

~Cliff

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

This is why I'm hot

Have you been feeling kind of not hot lately?  Has someone recently said something to the effect of, "you are not hot?"  If so, and you want to be more hot, just take a few minutes (a few painfully long minutes) to listen to "This Is Why I'm Hot" by that Mims guy.  I'll put up a few of the lyrics and try to explain to you what he is trying to tell us.  Then we will know why Mims is hot and how we can become hot like Mims.  What more could you want?

This is why I'm hot
  • Go on...
I don't gotta rap
  • I think Mims is trying to tell us that he is not a professional rapper.  I'm not sure what this has to do with him being hot.  Maybe rapping is not hot.
I can sell a mill saying nothing on the track
  • It's obvious that a 'mill' is a horse.  What else would you sell on the track?  
    • You could sell watches on a track
      • If you were at a watch selling venue that was set up on a track
    • You could sell rap CD's on a track
      • That wouldn't be very hot though (according to the second line)
I represent New York
  • New York is an epicenter for fashion -- much like Texas.  Everybody knows that
    • In the ever-changing definition -- as ascertained by Mims -- fashion is the new hot
      • Kind of like how baseball used to be hot
I got it on my back
  • Most likely either a mole or a monkey.  Maybe an elephant.
I love the dirty, dirty
  • Uhh...
I take it to the Bay
  • 'Bay' rhymes with 'hay,' which is what horses and cows eat
Frisco to Sac-town
  • I'm pretty sure Frisco is a type of mayonnaise, or cooking oil, or something of the sort.  Mims must be quite accomplished in the kitchen
    • Cooking is hot
      • Especially near the stove
People say that I'm fly
  • Clearly, being 'fly' is hot
    • As proved by the lyrics of numerous songs of this era


The rest of the song I will leave up to you to interpret (mostly because of profanity's sake).  Good luck understanding how to be hot like Mims!

No comments:

Post a Comment